Individuals who have undergone joint replacement surgery, experienced musculoskeletal injury, sustained bone trauma, or have been diagnosed with a degenerative joint disease receive Orthopedic Rehabilitation at Meadowbrook Healthcare.
Each year our Rehabilitation Team successfully treats over 150 orthopedic patients. Our skilled clinicians manage and treat a wide range of orthopedic injuries and disabilities; including amputations, joint replacements, fractures, neck and lower back disorders as well as other orthopedic complications.
The goal of rehabilitation is to return the individual to a maximum level of function at home, work and in the community. Highly trained licensed therapists are certified in a variety of treatment interventions and advanced techniques. Our therapy department utilizes various pieces of equipment and therapeutic devices such as NuStep recumbent steppers, portable E-Stim and ultrasound to achieve maximum results.
Our individualized therapy sessions are designed to help patients:
- Restore physical function and enhance the skills needed to perform daily activities.
- Build strength and endurance
- Improve balance
- Regain mobility
- Optimize independence
- Prevent medical complications
- Effectively manage pain
- Facilitate muscle control and tissue healing
We treat many orthopedic conditions and post-surgical patients, such as:
- Total Hip Replacement (THR)
- Total Knee Replacement (TKR)
- Total Shoulder Replacement (TSR)
- Fall with fracture to limb or spine.
- Rotator Cuff Repair
- Spinal Fusions/Discectomies
- Compression Fractures