General / Restorative Rehabilitation
General/restorative rehabilitation focuses on patients who are looking to regain independence and restore function to improve their quality of life. Hospitalizations can occur from a variety of illnesses which can lead to weakness and deconditioning. Our goal is to promote recovery and return individuals to their prior level of function using skilled techniques and individualized therapy programs.
We also provide skilled care services that are designed to slow or halt the advancement of progressive conditions that affect function and independence.
Medically complex patients of all ages who need specialized care following a hospital stay, surgery or medical event are treated at Meadowbrook Healthcare. Throughout your stay with us, your entire care plan team meets once per week to discuss your progress, and if necessary, make adjustments to your plan. Patient and family member’s involvement are key elements to a successful recovery. Family members are encouraged to observe your therapy sessions and participate in your recovery.
We treat a number of medical and post-surgical conditions that may have required a hospital stay, such as:
- Peripheral Vascular Disease (PVD)
- Amputation and prosthetic care/management
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
- Atrial Fibrillation
- General deconditioning from prolonged hospitalization
- Wound care
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG)
- Myocardial Infarctions (MI/Heart Attack)