Meadowbrook Healthcare has been making a positive difference in the lives of North Country families since November of 1974 when we opened our doors. Over time, we have grown and changed to meet the needs of our community. Below is a summary of some of our high-lights:
1974 – Meadowbrook Nursing Home opened
- 120 bed, 61,000 sq. ft., medical facility
- 80 beds – Skilled Nursing
- 40 beds – Health Related Floor, equivalent to an Assisted Living Facility today.
1987 – Our First Expansion
- Added 80 beds, an additional 37,000 sq. ft., to our facility.
- 160 beds – Skilled Nursing
- 40 beds – Health Related Floor
- Residents receive therapy in our Rehabilitation Gym
1995 – Meadowbrook’s name changes to Meadowbrook Healthcare
1996 – Subacute Services Open
Began with 8 private rooms
Over the next 5 years the need for Subacute Services increases and Meadowbrook responds to the community need by dedicating an entire unit to Subacute Rehabilitative Care.
2011 – The Private Dining Room and Le Grand Room are renovated with modern furnishing including a digital grand piano.
2013- 2014 – Our Subacute Unit is renovated and our television system and camera surveillance system are both upgraded.
2016 – Our Second Expansion opened in early November.
Adding 87 Beds, an additional 48,000 sq. ft. to our facility.
This expansion features four 20 bed Neighborhoods on 2 levels. The Subacute Rehabilitation Unit is on the same floor as the modernized and expanded State of the Art Rehabilitative Gymnasium.
Our Newly appointed Neighborhoods feature the following:
- All Private Rooms
- Private Showers with heat lamps in all the rooms
- Sliding pocket bathroom doors for easy entrance
- Country Kitchens for Homestyle dining
- Separate Library
- Lounge areas with Fireplace
- Hardwood Floors